Senior Digital Marketing Consultant
Location: Virtual. Will work from your home office.
Employee Type: Full Time
Support TEAM: YES! In-house creative, copywriting, development and channel support.
Job Type: Marketing
Experience: 7+ years of proven marketing experience and results.
If you do not believe you are in the top 2% of marketing applicants for this position, save your time (and ours) and do not apply.
Our Senior Digital Marketing Consultants are our most elite at executing marketing campaigns and delivering results. Please read the 5 Phases of a Digital Marketing Consultant before applying. The ideal person for this job is a sales professional of the highest caliber. They have the perfect balance of ego and empathy.
Most Important Performance Objectives
- Uhuru Digital Marketing Consultants (DMC) are responsible for creating strategic Business Advantage (BA) programs that deliver real, quantifiable results for every client.
- The DMC works with clients to counsel, coach, and advise them on "result-driven" marketing strategies that grow their businesses. Our clients need to get the "right advice" from us, and our DMCs need to be able to deliver it—straightforward, bold and direct. That's what our clients need.
- Specifically, this position is responsible for giving our clients a truly world-class marketing experience from start to finish. This might mean suggesting a deeper dive with analytics, giving offering an unsolicited recommendation, or talking clients through the “whys” behind their marketing tactics in clear, easily understandable terms. The DMC’s job is to guide clients, as their marketing "consultant" on the implementation of their complete BA program.
- The key to being successful in this position is juggling a variety of tasks, ensuring the marketing tactics deliver the expected results. Our clients hire us for our expertise and opinion; Uhuru DMC’s need to be confident and comfortable giving their expert perspectives, even if it makes clients uncomfortable occasionally. Our job then shifts into helping them work through the change, so their company shines and their marketing drives long-term, sustainable growth.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Successful Senior Level Digital Marketing Consultant should be able to:
- Understand your client’s needs
- Know the impacts you have on your client and their company
- Understand your client’s goals and motivations.
- Manage multiple clients with Uhuru's Agile Process
- Work with a Uhuru Strategist to create the overall marketing strategy for your clients and manage the implementation of that marketing program on a day-to-day basis
- Craft the positioning strategy and offerings for each of your clients
- Establish strong relationships with each of your clients
- Lead new client kickoff meetings in conjunction with our team
- Work in conjunction with fellow DMC’s and Channel Consultants assigned to your clients to ensure all work is delivered on time and according to expectations
- Work with clients to recommend the tactics for ongoing engagements
- Work with prospective clients to recommend strategy and tactics for new engagements with our firm
- Work with the creative team to ensure your clients' messaging is delivered in consistently innovative and engaging ways
- Ensure your clients are highly satisfied as reflected in a positive Net Promoter score
- Provide hyper-communication to stay ahead of the client’s questions
- At least 5 to 10 years of marketing experience developing strategic marketing plans and tactical marketing programs for a variety of different industries
- Proven track record in developing marketing programs that have contributed to increased revenue, new customer acquisition, and customer retention
- At least 5 years in an account management or client facing role with an agency, consulting firm or internal agency
- An understanding of inbound marketing and/or experience working with HubSpot is preferred
- A student of marketing and digital with a passion for continually learning new ways to practice your craft
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills are a must
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams, meets deadlines and exceed expectations
- Very strong proficiency using Google Apps: Docs, Calendar, Sheets, Presentations.
- Undergraduate degree; or MBA preferred