Digital Marketing Consultant
Location: Virtual. Will work from your home office.
Employee Type: Full Time W-2 Employee
Support TEAM: YES! In-house creative, copywriting, development and channel support.
Job Type: Marketing
Experience: 3-5 years of proven marketing experience and results.
If you do not believe you are in the top 2% of marketing applicants for this position, save your time (and ours) and do not apply.
Our Digital Marketing Consultants are elite at executing marketing campaigns and delivering results. Please read the 5 Phases of a Digital Marketing Consultant before applying. The ideal person for this job is a marketing professional of the highest caliber.
Most Important Performance Objectives
- Uhuru Digital Marketing Consultants (DMC) are responsible for creating strategic Business Advantage (BA) programs that deliver real, quantifiable results for B2B and B2C clients.
- The DMC works with clients to counsel, coach, and advise them on "result-driven" marketing strategies that grow their businesses. Our clients need to get the "right advice" from us, and our DMCs need to be able to deliver it—straightforward, bold and direct. That's what our clients need.
- Specifically, this position is responsible for giving our clients a truly world-class marketing experience from start to finish. This might mean suggesting a deeper dive with analytics, giving offering an unsolicited recommendation, or talking clients through the “whys” behind their marketing tactics in clear, easily understandable terms. The DMC’s job is to guide clients, as their marketing "consultant" on the implementation of their complete BA program.
- The key to being successful in this position is juggling a variety of tasks, ensuring the marketing tactics deliver the expected results. Our clients hire us for our expertise and opinion; Uhuru DMC’s need to be confident and comfortable giving their expert perspectives, even if it makes clients uncomfortable occasionally. Our job then shifts into helping them work through the change, so their company shines and their marketing drives long-term, sustainable growth.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Successful Digital Marketing Consultant should be able to:
- Understand your client’s needs
- Know the impacts you have on your client and their company
- Understand your client’s goals and motivations.
- Manage multiple clients with Uhuru's Agile Process
- Work with a Uhuru Strategist and SDMC to create the overall marketing strategy for your clients and manage the implementation of that marketing program on a day-to-day basis
- Craft the positioning strategy and offerings for each of your clients
- Establish strong relationships with each of your clients
- Lead new client kickoff meetings in conjunction with our team
- Work in conjunction with fellow DMC’s and Channel Consultants assigned to your clients to ensure all work is delivered on time and according to expectations
- Work with clients to recommend the tactics for ongoing engagements
- Work with prospective clients to recommend strategy and tactics for new engagements with our agency
- Work with the creative team to ensure your clients' messaging is delivered in consistently innovative and engaging ways
- Ensure your clients are highly satisfied as reflected in a positive Net Promoter Score
- Provide hyper-communication to stay ahead of the client’s questions
- Be the domain expert within your Hive Team. (Before applying, read our article to see how we construct client services teams: The Best Marketing Team Structure to Increase Efficiency and Output)
- At least 3 to 5 years of marketing experience developing strategic marketing plans and tactical marketing programs for a variety of different industries
- Proven track record in developing marketing programs that have contributed to increased revenue, new customer acquisition, and customer retention
- At least 3 years in an account management or client facing role with an agency, consulting firm or internal agency
- An understanding of inbound marketing and/or experience working with HubSpot is REQUIRED. (In addition to HubSpot, Marketo, and Pardot experience is preferred.)
- HubSpot certifications a plus: Inbound Certification, Email Marketing Certification, Content Marketing Certification, Inbound Sales Certification and HubSpot Design Certification
- Scrum experience preferable, as well as experience using product management tools (Redbooth, Jira, Asana, etc.) and being a product owner.
- A student of marketing and digital with a passion for continually learning new ways to practice your craft
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams, meets deadlines and exceed expectations
- Very strong proficiency using Google Apps: Docs, Calendar, Sheets, Presentations.
- Undergraduate degree
Required Software Experience
- Google Apps
- Google Analytics / Webmasters
Please note: After you submit an application, we'll want to get to know you more. Please email a 60 second video introducing yourself and saying why you want to be a part of the Uhuru Team. This is required, if you are not going to submit a short video do not submit an application. Send the video to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line #UhuruDMC - Your Name.